Saturday, 12 May 2012

I have my third book published in September entitled The Last Masonic Rebellion: The Liverpool Masonic Rebellion and the Wigan Grand Lodge. Being a Masonic historian, I have long been fascinated with this tale of rebellion and revolt set against the back drop of the radicalism of early nineteenth century industrial England, and this new book reveals the rise and fall of this enigmatic rebel Grand Lodge. The Wigan Grand Lodge broke away from the United Grand Lodge in 1823, and reformed the 'Antient' Grand Lodge; embracing the older ideas of Freemasonry, using a more 'Antient' ritual and older symbols. The book will also give an insight into the leaders of the rebellion, and will examine the mysterious 'Magna Charta of Masonic Freedom'. I will be having a pre-launch for the book at Pemberton Masonic Hall in Wigan, Lancashire, on Sunday, 10th of June, which will be hosting an open day between 10am and 2pm. I will be on hand to show people the artefacts of the Wigan Grand Lodge and will be giving information about the new book, as well as signing copies of my previous two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment