It was not long before a purpose built residence was needed, and the lodge moved into the Freemason's Hall above the Masonic Hotel, Runcorn, in 1863. The lodge stayed there until 1932. The lodge's reputation also grew, attracting the likes of the Rt. Hon. Lord de Tabley who visited in 1867, and who was the Provincial Grand Master of Cheshire, and other local dignitaries such as Major George Cornwall Leigh M.P. and the Rt. Hon. Wilbraham Egerton M.P, the latter later becoming Provincial Grand Master.
The lodge now meets at Runcorn Masonic Hall, and Gary is eager to continue the work of this historical lodge. He has a busy year ahead, and with the help of his son Matthew who joined just over a year ago, he hopes to take the lodge into a successful year.
|The Temple Room where Ellesmere Lodge meet.|